2-DAY XL STRATEGY MASTERCLASS—When MONEY Matters Most®
Where Will Your Company Be in 5 Years? • Where Will Your Career Be in 5 Years?
Senior Management Training: Mastering the Crucial Competencies of Highly Effective Senior Managers
The realities of global economic interconnectedness, competition, increased diversity of business environments, deregulation and rapid technological change have dramatically raised the bar on what it takes to create a competitive advantage strategy–let alone sustain it. The business performance gap between winners and losers has never been greater.
- Why are so many companies failing?
- Why are so many senior executives being fired?
- Strategy and competitive advantage strategy have never been more important.
- Strategic decision making in the context of complex continually changing and ever challenging competitive global economic, ecological, political, cultural, and social environments coupled with the threats of terrorism and natural disasters require senior management strategy training.
- Balancing competing demands–most especially customer, employee and shareholder satisfaction–within the context of finite resources is the business of the day.
Business Strategy Upgrade—Bridging the Gap Between Business School & Business Success
What are the characteristics of highly effective senior management?
"Know your enemy, know yourself, & your victory will not be threatened.
Know the terrain, know the weather, and your victory will be complete."
— Sun Tzu
Right LEADERSHIP • Right STRATEGY • Right RESULTS
Our two-day flagship program XL Strategy MasterClass merges best strategy practices east-west-business-military. The program is unified by our proprietary Masterpreneurship® Executive Leadership Development Model − providing a comprehensive, total-team perspective on strategic competitive advantage, operational excellence, and the requisites for sustained superior personal and organizational performance to form the world’s leading total-team executive leadership development program. The MasterClass is built on the assumption that highly effective senior executives have 3 key competencies in common:
1. Right CUSTOMERS—First, they know precisely who the right customers are, what the right customers want, and how to deliver what the right customers want better than any competitor.
2. Right STRATEGY—Second, they are open-minded strategic creative thinkers, who know how to diagnose complex problems, collaborate, craft innovative solutions, and who then develop the right strategy with total business buy-in and alignment, followed by effective strategy execution.
3. Right RESULTS—Finally, they deliver the 5 Crucial Strategic Outcomes (CSOs) essential for sustained business success.
Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
Our XL Strategy MasterClass attracts senior management from around the world with a variety of missions, goals and objectives each sharing in common the desire to develop and deliver superior strategy for sustained competitive advantage and company success.
Developing and Executing Breakthrough Growth Strategy
Our XL Strategy MasterClass provides a unique way of integrating strategic analysis, alignment and execution – plus practical guidelines for implementing new strategic directions by helping senior executives identify their sources of value creation in relationship to profitability, desired growth, cost efficiency, risk-appetite, ROI, stakeholder demands, impact on current business and operating models, Triple Bottom Line (TBL), namely, financial (profit) , social (people) and environmental (planet) outcomes, and the identification and delivery of Crucial Strategic Outcomes (CSOs).
Identifying & Delivering CSOs—THE CRUCIAL STEPS to SUPERIOR GROWTH STRATEGY
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
— Winston Churchill
- Crucial Strategic Outcomes: Business success starts with identifying and ends with delivering Crucial Strategic Outcomes—the frequent fatal missed-steps in superior business strategy development and delivery. CSOs are those results that are required for sustained business success and represent strategy criteria senior executives must give special and continued priority attention.
- When MONEY Matters Most®: Our research suggests that among CSOs—5 stand out as Mission Critical and encompass the TBL. We characterize these 5 CSOs as "The 5 CSOs for Sustained Business Success" and have created a mnemonic device "MONEY" for remembering them:
- Maximizing Shareholder Wealth.
- Optimizing Stakeholder Loyalty.
- Neutralizing Company Negatives.
- Excelling in Excellence.
- Y-Style Leadership.
This XL Strategy MasterClass and our When MONEY Matters Most® model is specifically designed to crosswalk with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs), namely, ECQ 1: Leading Change, ECQ 2: Leading People, ECQ 3: Results Driven, ECQ 4: Business Acumen, and ECQ 5: Building Coalitions that especially align with competencies and requisite personal, team and organization capabilities related to creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, resilience, strategic thinking, vision, conflict management, leveraging diversity, developing others, team building, accountability, customer service, decisiveness, entrepreneurship, problem solving, technical credibility, financial management, human capital management, technology management, partnering, political savvy, and influencing/negotiating.
- Location: Four Seasons Hotel—Las Vegas.
- Length: 2-Days.
- Format: Research-based business development program with extensive peer interaction, case studies, business analysis, and crucial action planning.
- Participants: Maximum of 24 participants for optimum peer interaction.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Business Owners
- C-Level Executives & Business Unit Presidents.
- Government Senior Executives (GS-15 and above).
COST—2-Day XL Strategy MasterClass
- REGISTRATION per Person including:
- All training materials.
- Morning coffee break each day.
- Hot buffet lunch each day.
- LAS VEGUS VENUE—Four Seasons Hotel
- Early $2,000.
- Regular $2,500
- Total Seats Available: 24.
- Due to varied attendee room preferences there will not be a room-block for the Las Vegas XL Strategy MasterClass–you are welcome to stay at any hotel; we highly recommend The Four Seasons, Mandalay Bay or Delano Hotels which are all co-located.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Participants are responsible for their own travel, additional food, & lodging arrangements.
AGENDA—Solving Your Toughest Business Challenges
MASTERCLASS TIMES—XL Strategy MasterClass begins each day at 8:00 A.M. and ends at 5:00 PM both days. There are daily breaks in the Morning: 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM, Lunch: 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM daily and an Afternoon Break: 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM.
- MASTERCLASS MODULES—Program includes facilitator presentations, extensive peer interaction, case studies, business analysis, crucial action planning, and is presented sequentially in modules as follows:
• MODULE 1: Right CUSTOMERS
1.1 WHO are the right customers?
1.2 WHAT do the right customers want?
1.3 HOW to deliver what the right customers want better than any competitor.
• MODULE 2: Right STRATEGY • Essentials of Successful Growth Strategy
2.1 Strategy Analysis
- Strategic business goals (vision, mission, strategic objectives).
- Analysis of the internal and external business environment.
2.2 Strategy Formulation
- Strategic trade-offs: Making clear trade-offs, and choosing what not to do.
- Industries to compete in.
- Unique value proposition compared to competitors.
- Designing the business to bring intended strategies to reality
2.3. Strategy Implementation
- Allocate necessary resources.
- Distinctive value chain: Operating differently to deliver on value proposition.
- Fit across Value Chain: Integrating activity choices across the value chain to fit together and reinforce each other.
- Continuity of strategic direction over time.
- Deliver "The 5 CSOs for Sustained Business Success."
• MODULE 3: Right RESULTS • Crucial Growth Strategy Criteria—When MONEY Matters Most®
3.1 CSO 1 —Maximizing Business Owner Wealth.
3.2 CSO 2 —Optimizing Stakeholder Loyalty.
3.3 CSO 3 —Neutralizing Company Negatives.
3.4 CSO 4 —Excelling in excellence.
3.5 CSO 5 —Y-Style Leadership.
• Awarding of the MASTERPRENEURSHIP® Certificate in Advanced Business Strategy upon successful completion of the program.
Each XL Strategy MasterClass is facilitated by two senior strategy consultants:
1. XL Senior Business Strategy Consultant with:
- Ten or more years of senior executive experience.
- Five or more years of CEO, Managing Director or Managing Partner experience.
- Five or more years of profit-center corporate management experience including P&L authority and accountability.
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial expertise.
2. XL Senior Corporate Strategy Consultant with:
- Ten or more years of CEO experience..
- Five or more years of profit-center corporate management experience with P&L authority and accountability.
- Combat Veteran with Commissioned Officer service in the Armed Forces of the United States with both command and general staff experience.
- Ph.D., D.B.A or at a minimum a Master's Degree from a major international public or private university.
At least two years of doctoral level studies/research in strategic management development.
2-Day XL Strategy MasterClass—LAS VEGAS Four Seasons Hotel
SECURE PAYMENT SYSTEM
- Choose a way to pay through PayPal's Secure Payment System: Pay with Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal Account.
- Secure Registration Links follow:
Developing Business Growth Strategy: Achieving sustained business success through senior management business strategy training
Senior Executives Growth Strategy Development involves three functional business strategy areas: (1) Business Analysis, including strategic business goals (vision, mission, strategic objectives) and analysis of the internal and external business environment (2) Corporate Decision-Making and Organization Strategy Formulation, namely what industries should be competed in and how should competition be implemented in those industries? (3) Strategic Actions – Strategy Implementation, i.e., allocate necessary resources and design the business to bring intended strategies to reality, and deliver "The 5 CSOs for Sustained Business Success."
Developing Growth Strategy – 2-Day Training for Senior Management can help senior executives chart a successful future for their company. Change leaders must develop strategic initiatives to pave the way for future business success. Of course, drawing up a list of strategic initiatives is easily enough to do. The challenge comes with strategy execution. Do all stakeholders support the proposed organization? Will the strategy implementation deliver results that sustain? Unfortunately, the majority of strategic initiatives fail, no matter how appealing they seem on paper. Business transformation is a challenging process, especially when it upsets well-established business practices. Strategic initiatives often fail because people are unwilling to change or agree on the proposed changes.
Developing Growth Strategy – 2-Day Training for Senior Management can serve as a catalyst in overcoming resistance to change and avoiding common pitfalls, maximizing the chances that such initiatives will achieve sustainable results. Business organizations seeking to drive change can certainly derive benefits from our business training courses. You will get best results from our organization consultants who have a track record of helping top management teams choose new directions and mobilize their organizations. XL strategy facilitators are actively involved from the outset in helping you draft your plans for organization change. Our organization experts can provide some of the best options for strategy facilitation and organizing productive strategy training courses.
Get the most out of our senior management strategy training courses for Senior Executives. Well-designed organization courses helps top management teams to refine their strategic priorities, develop plans for strategy implementation and to mobilize the organization by:
- Realign your organization.
- Achieve top management team organization consensus.
- Developing unified view of your business context with a global perspective.
- Helping top executive teams better understand the core competencies the organization needs.
- Refining the choice of strategic initiatives.
- Selecting an appropriate monitoring and control process.
- Developing strategy implementation plans that will cascade immediately into business organization effectiveness.
- Preparing the follow-up needed to ensure organization change sticks.
- Refocus your business on the most profitable areas of growth.
- Maximize full revenue and profitability.
- Realign the value proposition and redeploy its critical resources against the new organization.
- Identifying and getting commitment to what the new strategic management should be
Mobilizing the organization to align with and execute it.
- Not all business training course works the same way and their exact design will vary according to what stage your executive team is at with its strategic initiatives.
RECOMMENDED JOURNALS for Two-Day Advanced Business Strategy Training for Senior Management: Academy of Management Executive, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Harvard Business Review, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Organization Strategy, Journal of Business Research, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Long Range Planning, Management Science, Administrative Sciences Quarterly, California Management Review, Columbia Journal of World Business Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, McKinsey Quarterly, Organizational Science, Sloan Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Strategic Organization, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal.
RECOMMENDED SENIOR MANAGEMENT TRAINING OFFSITE LOCATIONS:
- Senior Managers Training at Chinook Winds Hotel, 1777 NW 44th St, Lincoln City, OR 97367
- Senior Managers Training at Fairmont Hotel, 950 Mason Street, San Francisco, California, United States 94108
- Senior Managers Training at Fairmont Grand Del Mar Hotel, 5300 Grand Del Mar Ct, San Diego, CA 92130
- Senior Managers Training at Four Seasons Hotel, 200 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116
- Senior Managers Training at Four Seasons Hotel, 3960 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Senior Managers Training at Four Seasons Hotel, 60 Yorkville Ave, Toronto, ON M4W 0A4, Canada
- Senior Managers Training at Four Seasons Hotel, 791 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2T4, Canada
- Senior Managers Training at Grand Hyatt, 721 Pine St, Seattle, WA 98101
- Senior Managers Training at Marriott - Waterfront, 1401 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 3434 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA 30326
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 2121 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75201
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 900 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton Hotel, 50 Central Park South, New York City, New York
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton, 1150 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Senior Managers Training at Ritz-Carlton, 160 E Pearson St, Chicago, IL 60611
- Senior Managers Training at The Grove Hotel, 245 S. Capitol Blvd, Boise, ID 83702
- Senior Managers Training at Valley River Inn, 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
Two-Day Advanced Business Strategy Training for Senior Management
PROFIT: This two-day managing partner business training course is especially designed for current and future Senior Executives, Senior Executives, Board Chairmen, Chief Strategy Officers, Top-Management-Teams, Top Team Executives, and other high-potential business and government leaders. The organization course is first and foremost about maximizing shareholder wealth. It is based upon the premise that without operating capital, especially for R&D, companies cannot compete, customers will become dissatisfied and leave, shareholders will sell their stock and the business will fail.
BUSINESS SCHOOL: Before attending our senior management strategy training program is the development of a sound education in the fundamentals of organization. We therefore recommend in order of merit the following top ten business schools worldwide: #1 Harvard Business School, #2 Stanford Graduate School of Business, #3 Slone MIT,#4 London Business School, #5 INSEAD, #6 Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, #7 Cambridge (Judge Business School), #8 Columbia Business School, #9 University of Chicago: Booth, and #10 Hong Kong UST Business School. Please note that there are many more outstanding business schools with superb faculty,
CHALLENGE: The challenge is taking these business school strategy fundamentals and not only translating them into your business - but interpreting the business context and competition to maximize shareholder wealth. On the business and military battlefield unified strategy with vision, mission, and clear objectives resulting in desired outcomes is absolutely crucial.
SOLUTION: This two-day managing partner organization course for senior executives in business and government service is specifically designed for those senior executives responsible for their company's sustained business success through effective organization development and who seek superior personal and business performance through the achievement of the 5 Crucial Strategic Outcomes and mastery of the Four Business Management Domains.
The Four Business Management Domains of the two-day managing partner business training course for senior executives in business and government service serves as the framework for the program, namely:
- Personal Strategy Leadership. Career-Success Leadership - Personal Focus.
- Customer Strategy Leadership. Profit-Center Leadership - Customer-Team Focus.
- Competitive Strategy Leadership. Competitive-Advantage Leadership - Competitor-Stakeholder Focus.
- Strategic Leadership. Strategic-Advantage Leadership - Buy-Sell-Hold Shareholder Focus.
This managing partner business training seminar additionally focuses on executive strategic decision-making at the top and top management team effectiveness. The organization course is unified by our proprietary Two-Day Advanced Business Strategy Training for Senior Management Management Decision-Making Methodology − providing world-class "dantotsu" - best of the best - east-west-business-military by providing a comprehensive total-team perspective on strategic competitive advantage strategies, operational excellence, and the requisites for sustained superior personal and business performance to form the world’s leading 2-day managing partner business training course.
RECOMMENDED READING LIST for Developing Business Growth Strategy – 2-Day Training for Senior Management: Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco, Bryan Burrough and John Helyar; Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies, James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras; Competing for the Future, Gary Hamel and C.K. Prahalad; Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors, Michael E. Porter; Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t, Jim Collins; How to Win Friends & Influence People, Dale Carnegie; In Search of Excellence: Lessons from America’s Best-Run Companies, Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman; My Years with General Motors, Alfred P. Sloan, Jr.; Organizational Culture and Leadership, Edgar H. Stein; Out of the Crisis, W. Edwards Deming; Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution, Michael Hammer and James Champy; Strategy and Structure: Chapters in the History of the Industrial Enterprise, Alfred D. Chandler; The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, Stephen R. Covey; The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Business Don’t Work and What to Do about It, Michael E. Gerber; The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization, Peter M. Senge; The Functions of the Executive, Chester I. Barnard; The Human Side of Enterprise, Douglas McGregor; The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail, Clayton M. Christensen; The One-Minute Manager, Kenneth H. Blanchard and Spencer Johnson; The Practice of Management, Peter F. Drucker; The Principles of Scientific Management, Frederick Winslow Taylor; The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, Malcolm Gladwell; The Wealth of Nations, Adam Smith; The Wisdom of Crowds: Why the Many Are Smarter Than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and Nations, James Surowieki; The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, Thomas L FriedmanPROGRAM CONTENT: Two-Day Advanced Business Strategy Training for Senior Management
- Providing critical insights into organizational human behavior and motivation, competitive advantage strategy techniques, innovative marketing concepts, operational and financial management, proven analytical tools, and strategy formulation and execution.
- Strategic management
- Basics of strategy implementation and control.
- Building business strategies using effective strategic frameworks and tools.
- Business strategy implementation,
- Competitive advantage.
- Competitive positioning and organization.
- Developing strategy skills to perform external and internal analyses for companies.
- Evaluate of the dynamics of business competition.
- External business analysis.
- Fundamentals of organization.
- Internal business analysis
The Merger of Management-Leadership-Innovation-Entrepreneurship
- Bridging the gap between formal executive education and real world chief executive business practice effectiveness in highly volatile economic times.
- Full Spectrum Executive Strategy Development Training Course: From Chaos to Order -- Putting All the Pieces Together.
- Lean mind, lean body, lean business: personal and business fitness orientation.
- Dantotsu©: seeking sustained competitive advantage strategies through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving as the pace setter.
1. Improve your organization career potential.
2. Move beyond the either/or limits of a management versus leadership mindset.
3. Understand the importance of global business models, especially in terms of shareholder wealth maximization (SWM), corporate wealth maximization (CWM), governance and the building of sustainable shareholder wealth within a multi-stakeholder framework.
4. Upgrade to a unified, holistic view of the organization that aligns and integrates all the major management disciplines into one master mind-set.
5. Build a total-team business for sustained competitive advantage strategies through the synergistic merging of best practices East-West-business-government-military-scientific-street smarts.
6. Address personal, team and business change from a flexible response-readiness-fitness framework.
7. Understand your workplace personality, leadership, emotional intelligence, creative style, motivation, stress, and competency potential strengths and weakness and develop Action-Plans to address career success competencies, roadblocks and derailment issues.
8. Update, broaden and optimize you executive management style for continued career advancement.
9. Upgrade your executive decision-making capabilities.
10. Acquire chief executive leadership skills aimed at maximum business impact, personal and top management team confidence building, and better bottom-line performance.
TOPICS: Two-Day Advanced Business Strategy Training for Senior Management
Strategic Change Management; Competitive Advantage Marketing; Executive Decision-Making; Organizational Security, Safety and Survival; Crisis Action Preparedness and Disaster Recovery; Career Success and Derailment; Multi-Generation Leadership; Corporate Governance and Sustainable Shareholder Satisfaction; Culture and Job Fit; Customer Care; Executive Personality Dynamics; Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Multiple Intelligences Framework; Executive Workplace Personality Profile; Hiring, Selection, Promotion, and Succession Planning; Leadership Success with Effectiveness; 2-Day Corporate Advanced Organization Strategy Workshops for Senior Executives Services Innovation, Intrapreneurship, and Entrepreneurship; Management - Leadership Synergy; Process Improvement, Executive Sustainability Leadership®; Operational Excellence; Use and Misuse of Power in Organizations; Scorecards/Dashboards; Lean Quality Service/Production Excellence; Shareholder Value Maximization; Stakeholder Optimization; Team Building; Strategic-Scenario Planning; Executive Priority-Setting, Executive Time-Stress Management and Executive Work-Life Balance.ADDED-VALUE: Developing Business Growth Strategy – 2-Day Training for Senior Management
This senior executive training course is designed to:
• Emphasizing Strategic Leadership Performance Excellence as exemplified by the Baldrige Criteria: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Customer Focus, Measurement-Analysis-Knowledge Management, Workforce Focus, Process Management, and Results.
• Addressing and synergizing mission essential key concepts from traditional Executive MBA (EMBA), Global MBA (GMBA) and Mini-MBA core and advanced curriculum: Financial Statement Analysis for Executive Management, Global Business and Competitiveness for Senior Executives, Human Behavior and the Management of Organizations, Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS) Integration, Information Technology for Senior Executives, Macroeconomic and Microeconomic Analysis for Executive Management, Managerial Accounting for Senior Executives, Marketing for Executive Management, Operations Management for Senior Executives, Organizational Investment Strategies for Senior Executives, Quantitative and Qualitative Decision Methods for Senior Executives, Risk Management and Uncertainty in Business, Operations Management, Financial Accounting, Organizational Design and Development.
• Proprietary: Developing Business Growth Strategy – Two-Day Program
SENIOR MANAGEMENT STRATEGY TRAINING
Senior Management Advanced Business Strategy Seminar Courses
CEO Business Strategy Seminars | CEO Corporate Strategy Training | Senior Leadership Training | Senior Executive Strategy Seminars
Government Senior Executive Training | Business Owner Strategy Training | Senior Management Development | C-Suite Training
Strategy Retreats |Strategic Planning | Advanced Entrepreneur Training | Entrepreneurship Seminars